Below is the nomination criteria considered by the MMA nominating academy for the annual Magharibi Michezo Awards.
To qualify for nomination and recognition, one needs to:
· Have grown, developed and/or nurtured their talent in the Magharibi Part of Kenya (this includes those who have studied, grown or developed their talents in the Magharibi region.)
· Be consistent, disciplined, influential and outstanding for club, national team or individual performances during competitive leagues throughout the season.
· Be aged not more than 19 years ( for those nominated in the most promising category) and fits Category 1 & 2.
· Have demonstrated passion, commitment and played an inspiring role in the development of sports talent in the region as community coaches or talent development managers to be nominated as community coach of the year.
· Teams that have exemplified extra ordinary performances throughout the season in recognized competitive leagues or tournaments will earn nomination for team of the year.
· Schools that have exemplified extra ordinary performances during the National School competitions both locally and/or including internationally (e.g. East Africa School Games) will be nominated for school of the year award.
NOTE: The Magharibi region includes: Busia, Bungoma, Kakamega, Trans Nzoia and Vihiga Counties.
The sports that will be rewarded for both men and women include: Basketball, Hockey, Soccer, rugby ,Volleyball and this year 2019 the nomination academy plans to introduce Handball and athletics categories.